Friday, February 5, 2010

Shortening our life expectancy?


"not much idk im doin fine how bout you"


*Groaning and writhing* Must... control... Fist. Of. Death.....


It has come to my attention that the youth of today are speaking a completely different language than English. I am of course referring to that evil monster that is TEXT SPEAK. Apparently, people nowadays (usually teenagers and college students) feel like they lack the time and space to send a proper message, so acronyms and abbreviations abound in every message sent. Do they think they're going to die within the next five minutes so they have to send their message as quickly as possible? It's like they think they won't make it to 50, and they're shortening their own life expectancy by rushing things.


You know, I gotta give youngsters some credit. I am honestly amazed at how they keep everything straight: it's almost like Morse Code. Here are some examples. Let's see how many you can get:




idk
lmbo
rotfl
lol (I HATE this one! Just say ha ha!)
imo
cpub
4COL
aysos
2gtbt
wtf/ wtc
2mor
831
aitr
aweso
NRN
swmbo
kfy

These are for real and true text abbreviations. Or "abbrevs," as I like to call them. Granted, I had to look most of them up, not being fluent in txt-speak, but hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment